Friday, May 15, 2009

Why I am In Love with this Child




He eats like a pro, and his eating habits are very predictable. This kid was born to nurse.

He is not a picky eater - he'll take it from me OR the bottle, regardless of temperature, without any complaints.

After he eats, he belches like his dad. But it's only a belch. I can count on one hand the number of times he has spit up since he has been born.

He's ecstatic about his bath. I took at least one bath every day I was pregnant, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

He's a great traveler. On the 6.5 hour drive from Eagle Mountain, UT to Henderson, NV, he quietly fussed twice - we pulled over, I fed him, and he went straight back to sleep.

I can lay him down in the bed, turn of the lights, and cover him up, and he sleeps soundly, no assistance necessary. On his side, of course, just like Mommy.

He has started to smile, and I almost start to cry!

He loves his swing, his bouncer, his Moby Wrap (good call Tami - best invention EVER!), and anything else you put him in.

He doesn't cry unless he needs something, and then stops right away.

He is an absolute DREAM CHILD!


Somebody must really love us.

* Even though he shot poop rockets at me two days in a row when I was changing him, and even though he wakes me up every 2-3 hours to eat, I tell myself that he's sucking the fat right off of me. And you'd better believe that I'm scared to death of baby #2. I won't let myself believe that they're all this easy.

6 comments:

CB said...

I think I am safe in saying Luke has quite a few admirers!! He is an absolute sweetheart and I loved cuddling with him at FHE. The pics are so sweet. :)

Russell Family said...

He is so cute! You two look great! I'm glad everything is going so well so far. Being a Mommy is the biggest and one of the best blessings. I love it! You're a great Mom!

Monica McCoy said...

I think he has already sucked the baby fat from you. You look as tiny as ever in those pics (which are very cute by the way). I am so glad he is being an easy adjustment for you!

Robert & Brittany said...

I know exactly what you mean! I never knew I could get so lucky.. I hope the rest of them are the same! I love your pics, you and Luke look so cute! I am so happy for you guys!

Tami said...

Cute pictures of the two of you! I am so sad I missed out on meeting him! Lonny said he was cute and you were getting back to normal! I am excited for you! And you are welcome, my cousins love them so I thought you would too.

Keri said...

He is such a cutie and all the more reason to have more. My 1st was easy and my 2nd has been even easier.