Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sooner

2 cm dilated, 60% effaced.

On Thursday, I'll be 36 weeks along. So the baby's not quite full-term
yet, and I have strict doctor's orders to stay pregnant for another 2
weeks, or else he'll be upset with me. He was not impressed with my
progress, but rather surprised since my mom never dilated and I'm a
first-timer. Although, I've been having contractions like mad today
(did you know that your back contracts? No one told me that!), but I'm
avoiding the doctor because I'm not ready to have this baby! I'm still
nesting! Which now entails me bossing poor Joey around because I have
to "sit" whenever possible. I'm still working - he said he'd "let" me
work for the next 2 weeks if I haven't progressed at my next
appointment, but if I have, no mas. Either way, he said there is no
way I'll make it to my due date. Which makes sense. Every time I get
up, I feel like I'm going to drop this kid! So, our little guy will
probably be here sooner rather than later. Here's to hoping the oven
door doesn't come flying open anytime soon, and that our little bun
stays cooking just a tad longer.



I've seen this cartoon on a few blogs, and couldn't resist. This really epitomizes the whole experience. Thanks, Mommy Nature. I really owe you one.

P.S. - A quick thank-you to all of those who attended my shower this
weekend, and to my mom and sister, who hosted it! It never fails to
amaze me how generous people are, and how loved we feel by family and
friends. We got just about everything we needed, and I guess it's a
good thing, too! Details and pictures to come soon!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

we think about you guys often! hope you're doing well. we'll have to come see you soon!

Mandy Frehner said...

Holy moley! Hopefully this boy will just slide on out. Hope he stays in two more weeks and then you have a super easy delivery!

CB said...

Hang in there, he'll come when he is good and ready!! :) Although, I can't wait for this new little addition to get here!

Robert & Brittany said...

How exciting! Good luck with everything. Its an awesome experience and I wish you the best! I can't wait to see pictures of him!

KolbyJanine said...

WOW, Im totally jelouse! My first child was a week late, talk about no fair! congrats, you'll have to post once he gets here so we can all see him!