Friday, February 5, 2010

Small Things

I love to feel things, like anyone else. I just choose to be more open about it. I'm an emotional person, and I think it's important to go through life feeling as much of it as possible, because that is how we learn. I try not to push that on others, though, because in most cases it makes people feel uncomfortable to feel anything out of the ordinary. It's not "cool" to cry. I get that. I know.

Lately, though, I've felt as though I've been in a rut. There's been a real shortage of things that I felt actually move me the way that I need to be moved. I've always had a burning passion for sad things and hard things and happy things and real things. I need them. It seems that I've gotten lost somewhere between how our bedroom needs to be redecorated and how to get the stain out of that sweater. Things that don't matter. But sometimes mundane things take over, and we forget how to feel and relate and create. This, for me, has been the case lately, and without realizing it, I needed to be inspired by someone after my own heart. Someone with a love for words. And I have been.

I don't push things on others, because not everyone is like me. Thank Goodness for that. But, please, if you have a moment, you need to see this. You need to read it. Maybe you need it like I needed it. I haven't come across anything this perfect since I don't know when.

It's beautiful.

3 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Thank you Brittney!!!! You are amazing!!!!!

The Marcons said...

Thank you! I needed this. I'm going to post it on my blog too. Hope you're feeling better these days!

lqwakestud22 said...

I don't really get this?