Friday, January 25, 2008

Loving LIfe

We're sorry we haven't blogged in so long. I could bombard you with a few lame excuses, but I'd rather not, so I won't. At one point 11 days ago, I had this incredibly long blog typed up, but then our power went out due to a snow storm so I lost it. Because I'm at school and waiting for Joey to come pick me up, I thought I'd give a quick little update on the Byington (Utah) family!



1. We had a wonderful holiday season. After finals were taken, papers were turned in, bags were packed, and the house was spotless (compliments of my OCD tendencies), we were off to Vegas. Couldn't have loved Christmas more - it was our very first together, so that's always a big deal. Our 6-day vacation was both well-spent and well-deserved, the beginning of the year welcomed us with beautiful weather and good grades! (Joey got straight A's - I wasn't quite up to par, but I as nonetheless impressed with myself!)



2. A far as work is concerned, Joey is loving his job (at least for now), except when his employees whine, which is daily. I would know, because I'm there! I love working for my husband, although sometimes its hard not to "act" like husband and wife at work. This semester I am able to work a bit more - about 35 hours per week - but it doesn't feel so stressful when your husband is the boss. However, don't be fooled - I am the boss of Joey at home. Apparently, I have been diagnosed with little-man syndrome, and I really like to be in charge! I have no shame - I am the first born, not to mention the daughter of the person who invented being in charge. Right now, we are testing the waters of the job market - I'm a little nervous, and I want to do something I love. We'll keep you updated on that one - who knows?



3. School is just flying by, too. We're already coming up on our first set of midterms, and I say bring it on. For some reason, I have had no problem keeping up this time around the way I did last semester. However, talk to me at the end of March, and I may have changed my mind. I'm taking a bunch of English classes (no shocker there) and I'll be graduating on April 24th with a bachelor's degree in English (again, no shocker). VERY exciting, although I am tempted to continue my schooling while working. I would love to get my master's degree, and I just might, but I feel the need to take a break. Joey is taking some English classes (none of which he feels the need to discuss outside of class, unlike his nerdy wife), an Ethics class (which he isn't really all that fond of), and a health class, that of which he is fond of. So We're just chugging along, like two cute little energizer bunnies.



4. Our apartment contract is up in May, thank goodness, and we are looking now for somewhere new to live. It's not a for-sure thing yet, but we're keeping our eyes peeled for some cute houses that we like and would potentially like to buy. Apartment life is no fun, and we can't wait to have a place of our own. House-hunting is exhausting, but very possibly our favorite activity these days! We'll update you on that too, and show some pictures of what we're thinking! Lori and Earl have been great - given us recommendations, talked us through all of the grown-up stuff, and Lori's always available to go looking for houses with us. Crazy! And plus, we could put up this sign:



Hilarious. So hick, and so Joey.

Seriously though, we hereby promise to be much better bloggers than we have proven to be over the last 1.5 months. And we also promise to have much more interesting blogs, with pictures that actually apply! :)

No comments: