A 10 page research paper on the use on mental hospitals after WWII
A 40 page dissertation on the war of canons in the humanities - no, that was not a typo
Tri-term exams (which I just had this weekend and did fabulous on, but why we have tri-term exams and the final exam a week and a half apart, I'll never know)
A 15 page thrown-together commentary on the history of rhetoric and how it applies to me
A 10-20 page report on VanEyck's paintings and how I might adapt them to LDS culture (only at BYU, of course)
And, last but not least, I have to be in class. This is approximately 66.3333 % of the battle for me.
It's a small miracle I found time to even write this blog, and I apologize for the lameness of our up-keeping. Someday. We'll have more time. Promise. In the meantime, our sporatic pictureless ones will have to do, because I'm writing this from school.
The real reason behind my panic lies in the dissipating Christmas season. I haven't done nearly all of the things I've been wanting to do - holiday-oriented activities, that is. Next to the blazing hot summers in Vegas, Christmas is my most favorite time of year, as I'm sure it is for most people. For me, it's a huge deal. So huge, in fact, that I'm having anxiety over missing it all! This year, I feel so overwhelmed with school that I feel like I don't have time for anything else. My sense of balance is completely off, but it is times like these that I really learn to trust the Lord. And Joey. And my teachers, that they'll give me good grades.
This all translates into one simple notion: my stress level is at an all-time high - at least since my wedding in May. Which is odd, considering I spent the first 18 years of my life as stress-free as possible. My happy-go-lucky personality got me in to BYU, so I naturally assumed it could get me out. Right? Wrong.
In the mean time, I'll be eating Zingers and watching "Elf", "Home Alone", and "The Polar Express" on repeat until all hours of the night. And when this is all over and December 20th rolls around, I think I'll buy myself some new shoes. Or maybe a hat. Even a whole outfit.
Here's to hoping graduation comes soon!
3 comments:
Hang in there Brittney..seriously, I get the biggest kicks out of your posts! Don't stress..it does bad things to your body..I promise..Christmas will hang around for awhile! :) eat a Zinger for me and I'll go shopping for the new shoes, hat, outfit with you! :)
Oh, don't miss college. It's like bad medicine, plug your nose, close your eyes and just swallow. It will all be over soon!
Okay you two..I am waiting for an updated post! :)
Post a Comment