Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What you don't know, but you should.

What is the best thing you cooked last week?

I made this really good shrimp linguine stuff. My husband LOVES shrimp, and we eat a lot of it at our house. This was especially good. I even used real white wine and everything, which I had to purchase while Joey wasn't with me. He thinks when we buy wine, we're supporting an evil industry. I didn't tell him what was in it until after he told me how good it was.

If time, money and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?

Since I'm obsessed with all things Disney and have been since I met Mickey for the first time at 9 months old, I would say Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida! We're going there in June though, so if I had to choose something else, I would probably say Europe. I want to see if the French are really as pissed off as everyone says they are. And, I've heard the cheese is superb.

When was the last time you cried?

About three hours ago. There was an episide of Dr. Phil where the dad of a family wanted to be a woman, and have the surgeries and everything. It was the most ridiculous way to screw up kids' lives that I've ever seen. I felt awful for them.

List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago (1998).

1. Getting braces on.
2. Begging my mom to let me cut my butt-length hair off.
3. Cheering for Brown Jr. High School.
4. Counting down the days I had to shave my legs. I actually did have a countdown, by the way. Oh, the drama.
5. Reading the entire series of Baby-Sitter's Club books, and then skipping straight to the Scarlett Letter. Yes, I read the Scarlett Letter for the first time at age 11. I was destined to be an English major, no?

List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago (2003).

1. Dating, dating, and more dating.
2. Cheering for Basic High School as Varsity Captain with my best friend, Krista Hammond.
3. Going to my Junior Prom
4. Running Track, clogging, dancing, and tumbling
5. Getting my braces off! (4.5 solid years of metal mouth. Awesome.)

List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago.

1. Planning my wedding.
2. Getting really, really sick of being engaged. At this point, we were going on 9 months.
3. Finishing my 6th and most difficult semester at BYU.
4. Working as a hostess at the Olive Garden.
5. Experimenting with vegetarianism.

List 7 of your favorite hobbies.

Are you kidding? My life is a hobby.
1. Reading
2. Watching movies
3. Salsa dancing
4. Cleaning
5. Crafting
6. Talking
7. Writing

Name 5 of your favorite foods.

1. Hawaiian Heartthrobs from Red Robin
2. Slurpees
3. Fruit
4. Avacados, with a sprinke of salt
5. Juice

You'll notice that three out of five of these are actually liquids, not necessarily foods. However, this is where I get most of my calories from. I'm not a huge fan of food. People tell me that will change when I'm pregnant. I doubt it.

Name 5 places you have been.

1. Rosarito Beach, Mexico
2. Hawaii
3. 39 states - 11 to go!
4. Alberta, Canada
5. Ground Zero

List 5 places you have lived. (Sorry... this one's a bit boring)

1. Las Vegas, NV
2. Henderson, NV
3. Provo, UT
4. Pleasant Grove, UT
5. Tomorrow, I'll live in Eagle Mountain, UT!

List 5 of your favorite memories.

1. Spending time with my mom. She's the best person ever, and freaking hilarious.
2. My years at BYU. I'm so glad I decided to go away to school. I really learned who I was, and got a chance to grow up. Mom didn't cook for me, do my laundry, clean my dishes or scrub my toilet. I did. Living on my own was hard, and I had my fair share of break downs, but looking back I know that it was one of the best decisions I ever made, and it totally prepared me for marriage. It wasn't a mission by any means, but you learn to live with and love people you don't know, and you never would have met otherwise. I hope and pray my kids decide to go away to school.
3. The day Joey asked me to marry him. And then, the day I did.
4. The day I was baptized/confirmed a member of the church.
5. Road Trips!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

good luck with everything tomorrow, i hope it all goes well! let us know if you need any help moving things :)

CB said...

Loved this Brittney! It is funny to remember how much younger than us you are when I read that 10 years ago you were reading The Babysitters Club!

Jamie said...

i know i heard about that! and dont worry i've already watched his tv interviews from this morning and radio interviews and plans right now are to go to murray high at 3:30!!! im a loser i know...

Lanier Household Creations said...

Hey guys! I was poking around at bogs and I found you guys! How are ya? I love the pics of your house! How exciting!

Jamie said...

Joey and Brit!!! how are you guys? we haven't heard from you in such a long time. how is everything with the house? brit how are you liking your job? are you planning on still going back to school? hope all is well. we need to get together soon. are you still going to the manti pageant?