For those of you who don't know what stinging nettle is, don't feel dumb I didn't either until my brother-in-law explained it to me. It is a plant that will basically make you itch and you can find it up AF canyon. Brittney was so intrigued that she decided to see if it actually did sting. Luckily for her it didn't affect her that much, but I trusted my brother-in-law enough to leave it alone. We went for a hike with my sister's family the other day, and it was really fun. I think the name of the hike was called Angel Flatts. I don't know much about AF Canyon, but it was really a good time. We hike maybe a mile up the trail stopped and had dinner with the kids. We almost got all the way up the mountain without a "meltdown!" Annika just couldn't resist though haha!! As I am sure you can tell by the picture. I should have gotten some audio of lion attacking an impala becuase that's what Annika sounded like up the mountain there for a while. It was funny though. The Soph slept on her dad's back most of the way. Brittney and I had fun. It reminded a little bit of my days in Philmont at the age of 14!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Stinging Nettle
For those of you who don't know what stinging nettle is, don't feel dumb I didn't either until my brother-in-law explained it to me. It is a plant that will basically make you itch and you can find it up AF canyon. Brittney was so intrigued that she decided to see if it actually did sting. Luckily for her it didn't affect her that much, but I trusted my brother-in-law enough to leave it alone. We went for a hike with my sister's family the other day, and it was really fun. I think the name of the hike was called Angel Flatts. I don't know much about AF Canyon, but it was really a good time. We hike maybe a mile up the trail stopped and had dinner with the kids. We almost got all the way up the mountain without a "meltdown!" Annika just couldn't resist though haha!! As I am sure you can tell by the picture. I should have gotten some audio of lion attacking an impala becuase that's what Annika sounded like up the mountain there for a while. It was funny though. The Soph slept on her dad's back most of the way. Brittney and I had fun. It reminded a little bit of my days in Philmont at the age of 14!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's Annika! She wouldn't be the muffin without some kind of drama:) Fun times. Wish we were there to enjoy some nice weather.
Post a Comment