Sunday, July 20, 2008

The weekend






This weekend Brittney and I had a good time. We got our house picked up and were able to fiind the time to have some fun. On Friday we went to dinner with my sister and her family at Tepanyaki. It is kind of like Bennihana's in Las Vegas. Is that how you spell it? Everyone liked it. Sophie got nervous when they lit the fire to cook in front of you, but she liked the finding Nemo fish that were in the fish tank. Earl also took me out for a round of balls at the driving range which was really fun. I hadn't whacked a few balls in a long time. Saturday we picked up around the house and then went and looked for a dining room table for our home, We found one that Brittney really liked. I liked it too, but I was sweating when it came to the price. But that probably is every young man who just got married hopefully. I dunno maybe not. Afterwards we went to the Timp temple. That was fun. After that we took some pictures because it was sunset and we saw this baby bird in the driveway of the temple. It had fallen out of the nest. If you remember from an earlier post in the year we came across some baby foxes. well this time a bird.I looked around hoping to see its mom but I really couldn't tell. I felt bad, but I didn't know what to do, so Brittney tried to get the bird up on the grass becuase it was walking in the gutter. She got a cone and brushed it up on the grass, but in the process she kind of scared it into a drain and it fell down the drain!!! She was so upset, I secretly laughed, but it was kind of sad. Least it fell into the drain on the temple grounds though. After that we went to sonic to get some drinks for the AF CIty Steel Day's fireworks show. That was fun. I got the Island burger it was so good. If you haven't tried it get it, becasue it is amazing. We enjoyed the Steel Day's show. Sunday we went to church. In Sunday school we talked about Korihor the anti-Christ and how he was struck dumb. Lesson learned; don't tempt God for a sign just pray for an answer if you need one, and listen to the spirit. I really like our Sunday school class. I like studying the BOM in Alma becasue with the way the communities were organized such as the Nephites and Lamanities in Jershon and other cities; it is just like how we are today. Politicians trying to get gain and lie to people. Tell them what they want to hear, and secret combos. All that stuff is going on in our society especially withing the government. It is sad because I love our country and I love America, but you would be foolish to not recognize its fast deteoriation from a dominant righteous nation to a dwindling people of unbeleif and lovers of themselves. But its just a fulfillment of prophecy. After church our good friends Shaun M and his wife came over for dinner. (Unfortunely, we didn't have our table to eat on yet, but we can't wait til it comes so that we can have even bigger parites come over like family and all their kids & Brittney's family.) It was fun we were able to catch up and enjoy pork tenderloin, salad, potatoes, and green bean casserole. My wife did a lot of the cooking and she did a really good job. Shaun is waying his options for law school right now. He is looking into several schools, but UNLV and BYU are on his list, so I encouraged him to be a Rebel at all costs ha! ha! Today is also our good friend's birthday Derek Jappe. He turned 24 like the rest of us. I called him up and he is out protecting the streets of Las Vegas Nevada on graveyard, as a metro police officer. Happy Birthday Derek!!

4 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

Joe, I love reading your posts! Sounds like you guys had a productive weekend. I can't wait to see your new table and everything else you've done to the new crib! I check out Shaun and his wife's blog sometimes - she is super talented in decor. I'm sure she can give you guys some good tips (not that either of you need them because your both very talented too) it's just nice to have a friend with a good eye too. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ward. I should be bringing the kids up soon. I'll call you with the details!

Mandy Frehner said...

Shaun's wife if you're reading this, I look at you blog, I'm Joey's sister:) Your stuff is very neat and you are talented.

CB said...

Joey, we just told the girls yesterday that we are coming up to stay with you after the Piaute Trail and they are ecstatic! We also are excited to see your new house! :) Your pictures you posted are very pretty! Can't wait to see you guys!

Lori said...

Hey Joe - that baby bird looks like a pheasant. It probably wandered over from the fields across the street. You should have brought it over to the Stevens upland game rescue facility :-)