
So it's probably not what you're thinking. I know I've talked about returning to BYU to get my master's degree ever since I graduated because I really have a love for learning, but as of now that won't be happening just yet. Some things have changed in the last few weeks, and it turns out that I was offered a position teaching the 5th grade at Pony Express Elementary School beginning on August 18th. (Yes, that's in 8 days!) I'm not really sure how this all came to be - it really sort of just happened. Joey and I had talked about that as an option for me since my seasonal position at the Pleasant Grove Pool was coming to a close, and I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do. I just applied late one Monday night a few weeks ago, got a call on Tuesday to set up an interview for Wednesday, and got a call on Friday from the principal of the school offering me the position. I was thrilled to say the least - I love the thought of teaching. I am also, however, am utterly terrified out of my mind. Since I've never done it before, I'm going to really use my resources to make this transition as smooth as possible. Luckily, my mom-in-law is anamazing teacher, and Joey has a few sisters that I'll turn to for their expertise on the subject as well. It's good to be surrounded by so many teachers- those who have the experience that I lack. Anyway, it's going to be an adventure. Joey and I know that this is truly a blessing for us, and I can't wait to get started. Check back for updates on this new part of our lives, and updates on my sanity, too! I'll let you know if it's still intact.
3 comments:
Holy Cow! That is so exciting. I would be nervous out of my mind. Good Luck and Congrats!
thats so exciting, you'll do great! goodluck with it all, we need to get together again soon!
Congrats Brittney! We're all here to lend a helping hand whenever you need it! :)
Post a Comment