If you've heard it, it's true! Joey and I are due to be welcoming our first baby into the world on March 28, 2009. That's right, I'm pregnant! Can you even believe it? We're going to parents! We can't wait! Joey's taking it just fine, as usual. Nothing phases him. I'm still getting used to it myself. It seems as if I can hardly concentrate on anything else! Which is normal, according to the 12 books I bought. To answer all of the questions people may have:
1. Were we trying? Um, not exactly. Let's just say it happened really, really fast.
2. When did we find out? About 5 or 6 weeks ago. I had a feeling I might be, but we'd just barely stopped preventing and I thought maybe it was way too soon. But I was late and feeling a little out of sorts. Which eventually led to a very pink plus sign in the bathroom of Walmart on my way to work. I laughed a lot, cried a little, called Joey, cried some more, and headed back to the store to pick up another test. While I was headed toward the checkout with 3 more tests in my hand (you can ever be too sure, right?), I ran into my sister-in-law Lori. I figured there was no use in chucking the EPT boxes across the store and hope she didn't notice, so I told her. She convinced me that a positive is a positive, and I should put the tests back and get some prenatal vitamins instead. So I did, and sure enough, she was right. A positive really is a positive.
3. How far along am I? About 9.5 weeks. Yikes!
4. What do we want? Whatever we get. I think Joey would really like a boy, and I'm sort of in the middle. When I think about either one, I just about bawl my eyes out. I can't wait to find out what it is.
5. Are we ready for this? Yes, and probably not. But we have about 7 months to let it all sink in, and that's why Heavenly Father gives you 9 months, I suppose.
6. Am I feeling sick? At the moment, absolutely. Not usually, though. I've been really fortunate in that respect and only on occasion feel pukey. But when it hits, it;s bad. I've tried all sorts of remedies for the nausea, but I'm open to any others you may have. I'm going to try those preggie pops if I can find them. Foods that I was fine with before sometimes make me dry heave even when I think about them. I LOVE it!
7. Am I feeling tired? Beyond exhausted. I could sleep all the time, if my busy life permitted it. But it doesn't, and so I sleep as much as I can - in the car (with Joey driving of course), after work, an extra 5 minutes in the morning - I'll take it where I can get it. But it never seems to be enough. Who knew that growing a little person could make you feel like you run a marathon every single day?
8. Any cravings yet? You bet. Soup, of any kind. And, McDonald's chicken nuggets. Sick, I know, but nothing tastes or feels as good as the nuggets. And steak. We've already had to go out for full-on steak dinners many times, which gets a little pricey. Looks like baby already has expensive taste!
9. Any changes in the tummy? I think it's gotten a bit rounder, but other people tell me I'm crazy and that I look the same as I always have. Not for long, though. I'm so short and squatty that I'm sure the little guy or girl will be noticeable in no time.
There you have it. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We didn't want those of you that read this to find out through some weird grapevine, so now you've heard it from the horse's mouth. Stay tuned!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh how exciting!!! You guys will make such great parents!!! That's crazy you crave chicken nuggets....when I was prego, the thought of chicken made me wanna puke! Good lick with everything! Being pregnant is such an amazing experience, and the end result is even better! It's so exciting to meet the little baby who was kicking around inside of ya for 9 months!
Oops I'm signed in under Paul's name....that last comment was from me, Melinda
Congrats you guys!! We did hear about it through the "crazy grapevine" and then we saw Mandy post a comment about you being pregnant on someone else's blog..small town Henderson huh? Hang in there with the morning sickness stuff...if it doesn't pass after the 1st trimester just know you only have about 6 more months of it! JK Congrats again!!
YAY!!! I am so exciting. I bet you are so happy. I know you would have had a honeymoon baby if you could. Congrats, keep me posted on what you are having and the due date!!!
oh my gosh! so excited for you! i totally have been thinking about you lately cuz i remember you saying you were hoping to start trying in august! oh my gosh!! so fun! ok well hope all goes well and you don't feel too sick! congrats!
So glad you posted! I have been meaning to call you and see how everything is going, with work, baby, etc. Hope you are feeling better. I never thought pregnancy was fun, either time, but it is amazing and the result is even better. Keep us all posted!
how exciting! Congratulations!
Congrats! That's so exciting! Being a Mommy is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I can't believe mine is 6 months already. Well I hope all goes good and don't be shy to ask ANY kind of questions! Congrats again!
Post a Comment