A few weeks ago one of my pregnancy buddies informed me of a website that you could go on to quickly enter your information and receive a free Playtex bottle and those drop-in bags that are oh-so wonderful for baby. I decided to take my chances because it's free and I was bored, keeping in mind that these things are usually a hoax and they sell your information to vendors all over the world. Come to find out, it was legit and our free baby bottle and bags came in the mail yesterday when I got home from work. I had forgotten about it so didn't know what it was when I opened it up. The bottle comes in 6 different colors - two shades of blue, two shades of green, purple and pink. You don't get to choose, they just send you whatever. The girl that told me about it got a purple one and found out that she was having a girl - good thing, right? No baby boy I ever met would want to drink out of a purple bottle. Anyway, out of all those colors, I opened ours up and it looked like this:
What do you think? Will we be blessed with a Joey-Junior to match, or will a girlie little Baby-Brittney have to get in touch with her masculine side and live with a blue bottle? Normally I don't believe in things like these and I don't waste precious mental energy analyzing it, but I've been feeling the baby move around in my belly for about a week now and I'm getting anxious to find out who exactly is poking around in there! And we won't know until November 10th either, unless I break down and spend the $200 to go find out at fetal foto in the mall. Which is most definitely a possibility. Joey suggests I go on a little shopping spree for the baby with the money instead, since we'll find out eventually and it would be a waste of money since we don't pay anything for our doctor's visits. I absolutely loathe not knowing the gender of my child! It drives me insane, to the point that I sometimes cry over it. I cry over a lot of things though, so no biggie. We don't have names picked out yet, even though I feel like a bad mother because of it. I've had names on the brain since high school, but Joey doesn't seem to like any of them. He's pickier than I thought, especially with girls' names. And names for boys are just hard. Can't find the perfect blend of baby cuteness and grown-up masculinity all in one, and therefore I have come to the conclusion that boys' names are by far the most obnoxious to work with. And sometimes, I cry over that too! :)
In other news, Lillian got the most hilarious hair cut you can possibly imagine. We asked for a "sporty-cocker" cut in order to keep her from tracking in yuckies from the outside, instead of just the cute but very fluffy and difficult to maintain cocker cut. They shaved her head, her ears, her back, and her chest, and left her cheeks, legs, and butt long. In other words, she has a moustache and a very fluffy rear end. When we picked her up, we could tell that even she was pissed. She barks at herself in the mirror, even still. The whole way home, Joey went on and on about how ridiculous she looked and how we were never going back to Petsmart again. My normally spastic puppy just hung her little head in shame. I think she knows, and I think she's humiliated. One night while I was sleeping Joey began snipping away at what hair she had left, and now she looks far worse. She's shaved in some areas, fluffy in others, and now has random bald spots. My poor baby. She still, however, is adorable. Here's some pictures of Lilly, both pre- and post- haircut.
So, as you can see, our life is full of good stresses at the moment, and things are great! We're so excited for what's to come, and we truly are blessed. Hope everyone is doing well, and remember to vote McCain!
2 comments:
Cannot wait to find out what the next lil Byington cousin is going to be! I'm thinking girl..we've got the girl power going on and totally have the boys outnumbered right now!! Keep us posted!! :)
My gut feeling is boy, but a girl would be fun to play with Sophie, we'll take either. Hang in there it is only another couple weeks, you'll make it!
Post a Comment