Monday, October 26, 2009

Dry Creek Canyon over the weekend

This past weekend Brittney and I went for a horseback ride up Dry Creek Canyon. Alpine Trail Rides has tours of the canyons, and Brittney really wanted to go. I was a little reluctant at first but I was so glad that I went. It was a lot of fun. I was hoping to see some wildlife along the trail but last Friday fell on the deer hunt, so most of the wildlife was gone. However, we did catch a glimpse of a little deer in the fields of Alpine at the trail head. This really was one an awesome time and if you want something to do out of the box as opposed to a dinner and a movie this is the thing to do. Dave was our tour guide and he said they have winter trips up behind Micron where Elk herds graze! So I think we might go back over Christmas Break. http://www.alpinetrailrides.com/
This is along the trail up to horsetail falls. You can see all the cool foliage of Dry Creek Canyon


More beautiful scenery at the trail head in Alpine, UT

Here we are with Houston on the left and Jazzy on the right. Our tour guide Dave said that Jazzy was about 12 years old and was named Jazzy because the Jazz were playing the Bulls in the finals at the time.



Here is Brittney getting excited to ride the horses.




2 comments:

CB said...

Joey, Joey, Joey...promise me the next time we are up there we will go for one of these horseback rides.......

Jamie said...

i dont know what we did to our computer. we took it into the apple store and they told us they think our hard drive crashed. he created a partition or something?! (i dunno) to try to transfer all our files but instead everything got deleted. someone is looking at it now to try to get it working again. but he said there is no way to get our stuff back. :( so sad. thanks tho!!