Thursday, September 25, 2008

New dining room set






Brittney bought a new dining room table and six chairs at knights furniture like two months ago. We got it with a combo deal that included a TV entertainment center. She likes it a lot and keeps calling it by the proper marketing name as the "country cottage retreat special" It was special too, a special pain to put together and get to the house. It is solid though, which is good. We need it to last the next 30 - 35 years right Brittney:) That's about how much I want to allocate our money towards furniture for the house ha ha! Especially after I wanted to buy a brand new Chevrolet Silverado crew cab this weekend! Employee pricing at GM is a great thing. For those in the market American Fork has one that is loaded with everything save it be leather for $27,000 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Brittney told me to go ahead and buy it, but I thought I'd better wait. The Parley/Jarvus/Stanton Byington side of me was saying that's a sweet truck get it!!:) While the Lori/Mandy/Melinda/She-ruh side of me was saying why do you need a big A honkin truck? "You will need a mini van pretty soon." I listened to the women voices as of today, but hopefully in the future I will be able to have a truck someday.
Also, Jim Bean company which is based in Kentucky came out with a new wing sauce so stay tune for the next recipe that I make with the famous sauce I am looking forward to it. Brittney got called to teach the 6 year olds in primary. Also my sister-in-law has been talking a lot about fall and she will have to wait and see some of the pictures that i have to post for her. Utah has some amazing beauty along the Wasatch when it comes to fall. I haven't even lived here for two years but it something you notice right away.

Repeated Phrase of the day: "but I'm hungry mother" I really am mother, did you bring me anything to eat?" It has been stuck in my head for a while now. Do you ever have something get stuck in your head all the time from a movie? Can anybody guess the movie besides Brittney?

I saw this one time and it is cool-

character traits now that you are married that you carry out because of the influence of family:

Since I am the youngest i have a lot.

Parley traits: I check Brittney's curling all the time before we leave for church to make sure it is unplugged. I can change the oil because you can't trust other mechanics. I drive with two feet. I look out at the airport outside my house everyday before leaving for work. She gets the "look" when she leaves the lights on and I have to go back and shut them off. She gets blamed for misplacing my tools and keys!! hah ha jk the last one was a joke.

Sheila traits: I have gotten very good at zoning people out when I want to. I can put together a classroom complete with bulletin boards, books, papers, in less than 48 hours two days before the beginning of school, and make it look better than 80% of the other teachers class rooms that have been teaching for ions and I don't even break a sweat. I cook something for breakfast nearly everyday with lots of butter on the either eggs bacons or hash browns.

Lori and Earl traits:
I worry about what type of paint matches with my furniture. I plan for next year's garden and landscaping decor, and look at overstock for good deals. I appreciate diet coke now, the gas stations, holidays especially, and Monsters. Deron and Booz are household favorites.

Jarvus and Corey traits:
My car has to be immaculate inside and out. My neighbor commented that I wash the car too often. I think it is cool that you can drive and ATV/UTV in Richfield on the road. Really cool. Geocaching is american past time, I still route for the dolphins in times of distress. I search for property investments.

Melinda and Steve traits:
I shop for good deals on clothing and random items at Wal-mart. I look for the board game Priceless but can't ever find it. I also enjoy a long game of axis and allies. I still try to win prizes out of those stupid claw game things where you put 50 cents in and position the claw to drop down and retrieve you a prize. oh and how can I forget one word and Brad Frehner will be the only one who gets this. Thanksgiving day driving! ha ha

Brad and Mandy traits:
I constantly look at the new and upcoming MAC computer products. I still critique my lifeguards yearbooks'. I feel a rivalry against Jostens Company. I have Brittney listen to the ST Lunatics, we eat at Fuddruckers when we go to Provo. I look for new conflicts on YouTube with Kimbo Slice. I listen to Sean Hannity when time permits.

You can do it with your siblings.

5 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

Oh, so funny. You are such a perfect mixture of us all! Luckly, you got most of the good parts from everyone:)
Glad you were listening to the rational side of the family:) I would like to clarify that Kimbo Slice is from Brad, not from me! Ha,ha,ha!
The dining room set looks great. Congrats on having a nice place to eat your buttered eggs.

Mandy Frehner said...

P.S. I believe the phrase is from 101 Dalmations - what do I win?

CB said...

It was most definitely 101 Dalmations and it was Roly that said it. As for the truck...our's works wonderfully as our family car. Nothing is sexier than a mom driving a big black truck and how in the world will you ever tow your quad/boat/jet skis/toy hauler, etc. with a stinkin' minivan? The dining room set looks great too. :)

Lori said...

Oh Joey how can you be so spot on about everyone? I'm glad you finally got some furniture, now we'll be over for dinner, you will need those extra chairs so be glad you have them. As for the truck, who wants to pay a hundred bucks every time you fill up? Honestly, I was eyeing the Yukon XL last week myself. It's a great price but the fact of the matter is my minivan runs flawlessly and it's paid for so I can't justify it, must be the Shera in me!

Wubird said...

"It's a Midwest thang, y'all - and they ain't got a clue (They ain't got a clue) why my Cutlass blue and I got them thangs on that mo-fo too It's a Midwest swang, y'all - and they ain't gotta trip
(They ain't gotta trip) while we swing and dip Cause we do big thangs on the mo-fo hip It's a Midwest thang"

That thanksgiving thing is probably the only thing that when I think about it I just start busting up.