Today was a big day for Luke! We had his 2 week checkup with Dr. Glade, and I was excited to get his stats and see how big our boy was getting. He weighed in at 9 pounds, 6 ounces (70th percentile) and measured 21 inches tall (66th percentile). He's gained 3/4 of a pound in his two weeks of life - the doctor said that this growth was phenomenal, and I am producing unusually rich milk for a first-time mom. Odds are, Luke will be one chunky baby - already sprouting out of his newborn clothes! Where did my newborn go, and where did this giant milk monster come from? Nursing has been a breeze. For a while, I was feeding every 45 minutes and it was out of control, but Luke was finally able to make a dent in what I was producing and it's been great! We are loving having our boy at home, and wondering what we did with all of our time before he was here.
Also, we had to do the PKU testing and the Hepatitis B shot today. It was absolutely awful! I told Joey that I will no longer be attending Luke's shots - I can't bear to see him cry like that. I had no idea how bad it was going to be, I just wish I'd have known. Other than that minor issue, we have such a happy baby. I can't believe how easy he's been so far. Knock on wood, right?
And last but not least, Luke's cord fell off today! We were happy about this, because now he can have a real bath. I got a little sentimental (that was the part that connected him to me!), but that's typical. This past Saturday, we took Luke to have his pictures done by a very Anne Geddes-esque photographer, and it didn't really go as planned. He just did not want to sleep for all of the cute poses we had in mind. I was devastated, so we may try again - I just don't want these moments to go by without perfect pictures of my baby. We'll post some when we get them from the photographer, but for now, my pictures will have to suffice! Some of them wouldn't rotate... sorry!
4 comments:
So cute! I am sure we are related some how because some of those pictures remind me of my boys! Fat chunky babies are so good to have!
So glad the nursing thing is going well for you and Luke. You'll be grateful - it saves you tons of money and you never have to clean out yucky bottles!
I hope you guys can come down this weekend. I am DYING to see Luke. He is so cute and chubby. Until then, keep posting pictures!
Too Cute! I totally know how you feel about shots, but I do have to say that it does get better. The first time was very hard for Mason and me but every shot has only gotten better. I'm glad nursing is working out for you two. That is always nice! Congrats again guys! He is way cute!
Oh he is such a cutie and I hope you guys come down this weekend because I really, really want to see him!!! The girls are dying to see their new little cousin!! :) He is adorable.
Post a Comment