Well the weather has been warming up lately here in Utah. Thank Goodness!!! So today for family home evening, I decided that we would go to a local park and spend some time outside enjoying the weather. We had the lesson on putting effort into your service and put quality time into the things that you are trying to accomplish. We had a story about a farmer who needed the grain taken to the market that was 5k away. He asked for help from his local village and family. Some agreed willingly, while others agreed begrudgingly. The workers that had a good attitude brought normal sized baskets to haul the grain to the market, while the others who had a bad attitude brought the smallest baskets they could find. when everyone arrived at the market they suprisingly found out that the farmer had a deal with the other vendors for exchange for their products. he told all the workers and helpers to fill up their baskets with the food that they needed. Needless to say the ones who worked hard with a good attitudes brought bigger baskets and received a greater reward!
We had a good time we went to a local park called Glen Canyon it had a pond filled with trout and catfish. Brittney and I threw a frisbee around and had dinner out there. It was fun, but it still got pretty cold towards the end.
2 comments:
Great story. Nice to see the continuation of FHE even in Utah. I really want some pics of the new house posted! I can't wait to see it.
Good for you guys for holding FHE..we should totally set up like a web cam or something and video into FHE! Okay, maybe not but it is nice to know we are all on the same page! I agree with Mandy..please post some pics of the new house!
Post a Comment